-->

Beyonce's New Album Breaks All Itunes Sales Records

Three years after the release of her previous album “4”, less than two years after the birth of her daughter, eight months after her role as the voice of Queen Tara in the film “Epic”, Beyonce is back with a new visual album. All while undergoing a 22-day all vegan diet with her husband Jay-Z whilst currently on her Mrs. Carter World Tour. Is there anything this woman cannot do?

There is a reason why her fans call her Queen B. 

Beyonce’s fifth studio album a visual self-titled record hit iTunes without warning on Friday the 13th (13th December 2013), the news only spreading via Twitter. The album has already hit number one in the Billboard charts after selling over 450,000 copies in less than a day. Beyonce proves that she does not need the industry hype to get her music out there.


The 14 -track album is accompanied with 17 music videos, which were all secretly filmed in Huston, New York, Paris, Sydney and Rio de Janeiro. The album includes the single “Blue” where her 23-month old daughter, Blue Ivy stars in the video. The video shows Beyonce carrying her daughter while strolling barefoot along a dusty pathway in sunny Roi.

Other tracks to look out for include, “Partition”, “No Angel”, “Haunted”, and of course no Beyonce album would be complete without an appearance from hubby Jay-Z, which comes in the form of track “Drunk In Love”.



On the singer’s Facebook page she reveals the reason behind the surprise release of her album. She says, “I didn’t want to release my music the way I’ve done it. I’m bored with that. I feel like I am able to speak directly to my fans. There is so much that gets in between the music, the artist and the fans. I felt like I didn’t want anybody to give the message when my record is coming out. I just wanted it to come out when it’s ready and from me to my fans.”

The self-titled album is now available on iTunes worldwide.

Jamila Tajah