-->

Interview: All Time Low

In the next instalment in our series of ‘first and worst’ interviews conducted by Michael Glynn, Michael got to have a chat with Alex and Jack from the awesome All Time Low:



Wireless: The band is called All Time Low but what has been your all time high as a band?
Jack: Supporting Green Day in a UK stadium is probably one of the big ones up there
Alex: You have to have benchmarks, set yourself goals and when you hit one of those that becomes the new high.

Jack: Playing two nights at Brixton was a really big deal for us, that a monumental moment in our career
Alex: I definitely think this Green Day tour is going to be a big one for us.


If you could tell your 15 year old self anything what would you say?
Jack: Wear a condom
Alex: Don't eat that cake
Jack: Don't fuck that cake without a condom on!


First poster you had on your wall?
Alex: Sublime
Jack: KoRn
Alex: Nice man!
Jack: Yeah, KoRn and Jimi Hendrix...... No sorry it was Limp Bizkit, Significant Other.


What was the first song you ever wrote and what was it like?
Alex: It was called My Paradise and it was very bad
Jack: It was quite terrible.


Do you remember the reaction you got at the first All Time Low gig?
Jack: Yeah it was actually pretty good, not because people knew our band but because it was at an all girls school and they were all like 'Yeah bands!'
Alex: They were just hormonal teenage girls so we built a career off that
Jack: Yeah it's nothing different than our shows today.


What was the first moment you realised this band was going somewhere?
Jack: I think when we signed to Hopeless Records
Alex: Yeah I think that was when we knew we were going to do it full time and that was where we realised that we were in it
Jack: We're in it to win it bro!


What was the first thing you did when you go to the venue today?
Jack: I went to Subway, no wait, I walked inside and I almost threw up, these after parties are killing me. I went out in the crowd last night and it was crazy but now I don't know if I can walk
Alex: Yeah we're hurting.


What was the first gig you went to that wasn't one of your own?
Alex: Mine was actually a festival back home in Baltimore
Jack: Mine was Green Day and Blink 182
Alex: The festival was like a big radio festival in Baltimore with bands like Linkin Park, Good Charlotte, Sum 41.


What would be the first thing you'd do in a zombie invasion?
Alex: Go to Home Depot and get weapons
Jack: Do you have Home Depot here?
Wireless: No we have B&Q instead
Jack: Yeah that!


Worst prank you've ever played on each other?
Jack: Alex gave me pink eye once, he jus farted right in my face
Alex: Adam, our photographer taped me to my bunk, like duct taped my whole bunk with me in it.


What's the worst fan gift you've ever been given?
Alex: Err herpes!
Jack: We get scared when we get food sometimes because we don't know if it has blood in it
Alex: It could be made out of spit and blood.


What's the worst pain you've ever been in?
Jack: I broke my arm three times
Alex: Yeah I've broke my arm too
Jack: It sucks.


Worst gig you've ever played?
Alex: Voodoo Fest?
Jack: Yeah
Alex: Just because there was no one there
Jack: No one really cared about us so it sucked
Alex: Voodoo Fest is some weird hippy festival in New Orleans and it was cool to be a part of it but I think we were the only op punk band there so the few people that showed up were just like (slowly claps), yeah it was weird.


Worst festival experience as a punter?
Jack: I haven't really been to that many festivals
Alex: I always have a really good time at festivals, I've never had a bad time


Worst party you've ever been to?
Alex: Last night!
Jack: We've been to some bad parties, probably something in high school where the cops came and crashed it



Worst thing you've ever heard someone say about your band?
Jack: Oh we've heard some bad shit!
Alex: It always drives me crazy when people say they like our old stuff and not our new stuff
Jack: I also hear quite a lot of people say we don't write our own songs and I'm always like 'Bitch yeah we do!'


Words by Michael Glynn

All Time Low - Backseat Serenade (Official Music Video)

No comments:

Post a Comment