-->

Bryan Cranston to take on Superman?

Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston sent the internet into a frenzy today by responding to rumours that he could be playing Superman's arch nemesis Lex Luthor in the upcoming Batman vs. Superman blockbuster.

Give me a call,” the actor told Metro. “I like Lex Luther. I think he's misunderstood. He's a loveable, sweet man.” I don't know about you, but I can't read those words without hearing that famous Heisenberg menace.

Cranston has sky-rocketed up Hollywood's most wanted list since his award winning performance as chemistry teacher turned meth kingpin Walter White in hit US show Breaking Bad. Despite clearly having a talent for roles featuring power hungry bald baddies, the actor has added his wife is less than thrilled with the prospect: 



"She wasn't so keen on the bald head. The bald head ages a man. It's just that she didn't know me that way, and the last six years it's all of a sudden like sleeping with a stranger — who was less exciting than her own husband. So I don't blame her for being upset."

Here at Wireless we think he'd make a fine Luthor, but what about our readers? Do you reckon Cranston could do Superman's greatest villain justice? Make your opinions known in the comments section below. 


Words by Ben Gibson