-->

Hugh Jackman DENIES $100 Million Wolverine Offer

Last we here at Wireless (alright... me here at Wireless) reported that Australian beef-hunk and singing superstar Hugh Jackman was offered a $100 Million payday to reprise his role as Canadian claw-man Wolverine in four more movies.


Well it turns out that it wasn't true. Or so says Hugh Jackman anyway.



He was asked about the deal during an on-set interview with EW for "Days of Future Past", the next X-Men movie and Jackman's 7th go round as Wolverine. His response was that he'd "Never do that."


"No it’s not true. I would never do that. I’ve never done that mainly because, for the fans and for me, each time I’ve gone around there’s been a really good reason to do it and I don’t know what that reason is from here. I’m in the middle of making this and I just promoted the other and I’m really happy with the way The Wolverine came out."


The "that" there is "do a movie just for the skip full of cash", which shows that Hugh has some integrity as well cliff-face abs and a winning smile. You've only seen him as Wolverine in movies he's believed in, and wanted to do because he thought they were good. Somehow I expect the money helped for X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Helped wipe up the tears and deflect the regret.


Whether or not Hugh will return for four more Wolverine based movies wasn't touched upon in the interview, but rest assured he'll come back if he wants to.



Words by Gazz Wood


Gazz Wood is a writer from The Northern Film School at Leeds Met University. As well as writing for Wireless he can also be heard on the monthly podcast Possibly of Interest with TV Producer Howard Cohen and special guests from the world of British TV and Cinema, plus his own weekly show Gazz Wood Has A Podcast. He can also be followed on Twitter @GazzPH90