-->

Anti-Gay Diners Refuse To Leave Tip For Lesbian Waitress

A family of diners have refused to leave a tip for their waitress because she was gay.


The incident occurred in New Jersey, as a former Marine was left a rude note on the bill rather than a tip with the $93.55 charge.



Dayna Morales, a waitress on and off for the past decade, was said to be "offended" when she found the note scribbled on the receipt of the anti-gay family. It read, "I'm sorry but I cannot tip because I do not agree with how you live your life"



A server at the Gallop Asian Bistro in Bridgewater, Morales had not informed the family she was a lesbian, so was surprised that they were immediately aware of the fact and even more so that they started making inappropriate comments so quickly.



"I made a normal introduction. "My name is Dayna. I'll be taking care of you". Right away the mom looked at me and said, "I thought you were going to say your name was Dan. You sure surprised us!"."


Morales was suitably upset by the needlessly abrupt message and refusal to pay the customary tip for good service, sending a picture of the receipt to the "Have A Gay Day" blog.


The picture was uploaded to the Facebook page and has received over 2000 indignant comments about her homophobic experience, defending her.



She late expressed her disgust at her treatment from the diners.

"I am thoroughly offended, mad pissed off and hurt that this is what her kids will grow up learning and that I served in the Marines to keep ignorant people like them free. Sorry lady but I don't agree with your lifestyle and the way you're raising your kids but you didn't see me throwing that in your face and giving you shitty service. Keep your damn mouth shut and pray we never cross paths again."

There have been many people speaking out in her defense stating comments like, "I always tip 15% to 20% no matter who my server is, what my server does out side of the place is none of my business."

Words by Gemma Clark




No comments:

Post a Comment