-->

Bristol Couple Get Married at McDonald's

Matrimonial McDonald's is as bad as Birthday Burger King. 

I'm something of a traditionalist. Not to say that I'm against progress, far from it, but there are some things that just require you to stick with the old ways. Slightly like House Stark because, let's face it, eventually winter will come, and it has.



Marriage is one of those things. Not the concept, but more the party afterwards. Now, my parents hired out a restaurant, and promptly managed to empty said establishment of anything and everything alcoholic by 4pm (they had arrived at 11am of the same day). This would be a good example of a wedding reception. A far better proposal than say, having your reception at McDonald's.

Alas, a couple in Bristol have done just that. 33 guests, £150, and a complimentary bottle of champagne. Good idea for a budget reception I suppose. But they weren't even allowed to drink it due to McDonald's being a no-alcohol eatery.

I'm not going to hide the fact that I'm slightly biased against Maccy D's. I worked there for 3 weeks, and felt dirty after every shift, and have refused to eat there since. Even after nights out, I have refused the obligatory fries and, if I'm feeling racy, chicken dippers. The fact that people went there willingly FOR THEIR BLOODY WEDDING RECEPTION astounds me to a level that I never thought was fathomable, let alone possible.




All this has done is made me realise that I dislike McDonald's even more, and cemented the idea that I never really wanted to go to Bristol anyway. I'm sure it's nice enough, but I'm going to do that thing where people judge an entire city because of one news incident.

I would like to know how they managed to drive the limo through the car park though. Their turning circles must be crazy.


Ben Cole

Source: http://www.mirror.co.uk