-->

David Dimbleby's Tattoo Is Wrong

David Dimbleby has revealed he has a scorpion tattoo. But there is a problem. It's not really a scorpion. Scorpions have eight legs, not 6.



We've all heard of Question Time. Whether you leave the watching of it to your dad or take an interest yourself, everyone who's ever watched the BBC knows Dimbleby; typically upright and correct, commenting on the politics of the week.

But the 75 year old veteran panel show host has revealed his erroneous new scorpion tattoo atop his elegantly grey haired right shoulder. Except that the artist didn't do their research and knocked off a couple of the poor things legs before immortalising it in ink on Mr Dimbleby's shoulder. Every good Scorpion spotter (a Scorpiophile) knows they in fact have eight legs.

While researching the history of Polynesian tribal tattoos a producer suggested he have one done himself.

Work of art: He had a scorpion iinked on his shoulder to mark his star sign, Scorpio
Mr Dimbleby said " I initially refused on the grounds of my ripe old age, but it was a lifetime’s ambition. So I went for my star sign, Scorpio."

The tattoo started of being planned as a pencil drawing that could be washed off, but Mr Dimbleby felt it did not keep with the intensity of the documentary.

"When I saw it in a preview of the film I thought: “That’s a bit feeble.” I thought it was wimpish having it just drawn on and I needed to man up."

Mr Dimbleby’s two-and-a-half inch tattoo cost £60 at the Vagabond tattoo agency in east London last month. 

He said; "It took about 30 minutes - an hour in all - and I thought of Winston Churchill having his done while mine was being done. It wasn’t painful at all, it just zings a bit.

"I’m rather fond of it actually, this little scorpion sitting on my shoulder ready to attack my enemies."

Wife, Belinda Giles apparently finds the tattoo "mildly amusing" and has always wanted one herself, but is unlikely to do so, even with her husband getting in there first.

The british hosting legend is taking a "you're only old once" view of his seventies; we can;t wait to see what he will do next!

Words by Gemma Clark


No comments:

Post a Comment