-->

Wiley Wins Hearts and Minds in Cumbria

I am proud of where I'm from, I fucking love where I am from. It’s a county called Cumbria, which is better known to a lot of people as The Lakes. 

In my little, beautiful, county we have a festival which is called 'Cock Rock' which is short for Cockermouth rock festival. Get it, Cock Rock? It's meant to be funny. Any way, moving on, this festival is a non profit organisation raising money for two charities based in Cumbria, 'The pride of Cumbria Air Ambulance' and 'the Cockermouth Mountain Rescue'. Since this festival started 9 years ago it has expanded loads starting with local acts and over the past few years having such artists as Funeral For a Friend, Lower Than Atlantis, The King Blues and this year Kids in Glass Houses and, unfortunately, Wiley.

Before I go on, I have to say. I didn't have a fucking clue who Wiley was. I had literally never heard of him, could have walk passed him in the street and not batted an eye lid. 

This makes me question even more why he is being a cunt to my local festival... 

Let me explain. Friday night, 19/07/2013 Wiley tweeted...



This started a whole shit storm of hate directed at the artist basically about how we don't want him at the festival if he's going to be such a cunt about it.

Instead of apologising Wiley simply responded with even more bull shit, about a place he clearly knows nothing about. Amongst these, incredibly offensive tweets were...




 and...






until eventually he tweeted...




Which I think, to be honest, fans of the Cock Rock festival were more than pleased to hear... however despite his bluffs he showed up any way to headline the festival on the Saturday night.


He played only 15 MINUTES! And afterwards tweeted "I drove into Cumbria picked up 15 k underneath the noses of a few haters not everyone was ... just a few ...Fear no area or no human .Amen " So people tweeted him back, calling him out about how he had basically ripped off a charity. He then tweeted saying, "Dear god you know I don't care about money and I am not fooled by charities either ....But I'm gonna piss this 15 k up the wall." Basically showing Wiley is just an awful, awful person.



Fuck knows how someone with shit talent got such delusions of grandeur but I just want to expose him for who he really is. He's not really a big artist yet but is already hating on festivals, and entire counties for that fact, that he obviously knows nothing about. The reason I say this is because there is such a huge community of music, of local bands, who works as hard as they can to be recognised and to try and earn as much recognition as they possibly deserve. So because of this I am going to not use this article just to show how, certain artists don't appreciate their fans or the job they have, but to give recognition to the ones who deserve it. 



Starting with the band colt 45, who took over Wiley when he walked off stage after 15 minutes. I also want to mention As Long As We Live, Things That Hang From Trees, Sails and Seek Solace In Ruin. All the bands that have played the festival for reasons such as, having fun, getting recognition and earning money for two great charities. In short these are real musicians with a real purpose!



Words by Matt Poynton



What do you think? Should Wiley be less of dick on Twitter or is he right to say what he thinks?




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...